Make horrid scars and gashes.

5.09.2006

Peter Pan Records "Fangface - 4 Exciting New Complete Stories" (Peter Pan, 1107, 1979)

Probably the last gasp of the true Scooby Doo clones, ABC's Fangface at least has the distinction of being created by the same Scooby team of Joe Ruby and Ken Spears. Featuring an actual werewolf as the title character and a roving assortment of ghouls & ghosts in the plotlines, the supernatural Fangface (if the cover is to be believed) apparently became "America's #1 TV Show!" somewhere along the way. Here's the introductory synopsis of the series that won the collective hearts and minds of the US citizenship:

"Every four hundred years a baby werewolf is born into the Fangsworth Family, and so when the moon shined on little Sherman Fangsworth, he changed into Fangface, a werewolf. Only the sun can change him back to normal, and so little Fangsworth grew up and teamed up with three daring teenagers -- Kim, Biff and Puggsy, and together they find danger, excitement and adventure. Who can save the day, who can wrong the rights and right the wrongs... none other than FANGFACE!"

Now I admit that the four original stories here (credited to Arthur Kolb & Peter Bryant) aren't likely to scare you very much, but hey -- any show with a character riffing on Joe R. Ross probably still deserves a place in your heart, right? C'mon America, you loved it in 1979!



Link Removed

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I never knew this record existed, although I did watch the cartoon even though I was a little too old for such things. What can I say, I just didn't do the sports thing. LOL! Anyhow, thanks, and you still officially rock! Oh, and BTW, I can actually comment because there's an audio readout of the capture now. Woot!

5/10/2006 11:46 PM

 
Blogger Chris Jart said...

Holy moly! I didn't even know this existed. I'm really excited to hear it. Um, is it a problem that I'm so excited about this record?

5/15/2006 6:14 PM

 
Blogger brainwerk said...

Beauty!

5/18/2006 8:23 AM

 
Blogger Dave said...

Brainwerk - just checked out your blog. Took advantage of all of your downloads. Thanks. Another great music blog.

Dave

5/18/2006 10:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it appears fangface had a major influence on fred durst-see cap.

5/19/2006 4:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason the link doesn't seem to be working! I hope it gets fixed soon!

7/17/2007 8:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of eight Ruby-Spears shows that I'm waiting for to be released on DVD. I did have this album as a kid. I hope that this is downloadable.

9/23/2007 11:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought this album in a thrift store for $0.49 a few years ago! I love it!

9/25/2007 7:42 PM

 
Blogger Eric Katz said...

Please repost these stories.

1/25/2011 1:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone please post these again. My fangface album melted in the sun last summer ;( i gotta get it back

3/16/2012 11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home