Make horrid scars and gashes.

10.29.2006

Prologue to Siesta Redux

Well hello there everyone. Nice to see you, nice to see you. So since it's looking as though I'm probably not gonna have the time to adequately post much more before Halloween hits, this is probably as good a moment as any to thank everyone for all their amazing support & interest over the duration of this blog (the astoundingly cool & impressively rapid unearthing of an educational film I acted in back when I was 7 years old is only the most recent example of the great folks that are out there). I'll probably be pausing for a bit here as well but don't worry too much about the hiatus -- I'm not closing up shop or anything. I'll just be taking a short break in order to wrap up a few other things before I get back into the swing of it here.

I also figure that when I return I'll probably concentrate at least a little more on some of my other aural interests for a spell, if only to try & get some balance in place after my mad dash towards Halloween 2006 (okay, okay -- maybe it wasn't really a "mad dash", but you know what I mean). I've still got more creepy sounds to share though, and I sincerely hope that I've rekindled some old memories here as well as helped to provide fodder for new ones. Seeing this stuff pop up in various mixes and comps over the last few months has been amazingly cool (like right offa my turntable & into the spooky gestalt or something), as has the proliferation of all the other great blogs trading in a similar currency. There are a lot of dedicated people out there who are sharing half-forgotten and oddball stuff like there's no tomorrow, and it warms me to the depths of my little baboon heart. I love the internet.

Okay! If I get a spare moment or two in the next couple days I'll throw at least a few more things up but if not, I hope you enjoy spending time with what's already here. See ya real soon, and Happy Halloween!


(original pic swiped from the Halloween Make Up Kits page off of the endlessly excellent Tick Tock Toys archive)

9 Comments:

Blogger HarveyMidnight said...

Jason, there's no question that among lovers of Halloween & creepiness, yours is the coolest. blog. EVARRR! Yes, yes, you HAVE rekindled some wonderful memories of my childhood & the Halloweens of yesteryear. Anybody seen my blog, knows I could never thank you ENOUGH for the inspiration & the source material. Enjoy the holiday, enjoy your break, and accept a well deserved 'thanks a BUNCH!'. Lookin' forward to seeing what other types of 'aural interets' you will expose us all, 'in the future'...

10/29/2006 3:47 PM

 
Blogger meatcleaver63 said...

Yes, I'd say you deserve a break.
And I, like everyone else, thank
you for all that you do.
Hope you have a great Halloween!!

10/30/2006 4:44 AM

 
Blogger John AKA Reggaexx said...

Thanks for all the efforts - you've made Halloween more enjoyable that it's been in years! Thanks also for all the positive feedback you've given me on my own mixes, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Happy Halloween!

10/30/2006 6:37 AM

 
Blogger DonHo57 said...

You surely HAVE made this Halloween a fun and memorable one, and enabled me to share some of the Halloween moods and tunes I remember from yesteryear with my son, now 19 and a budding monster maniac. You deserve a break after all you've done with this blog.

I look forward to see what else you may "dig up". Thanks!!!

10/30/2006 7:41 AM

 
Blogger Stephen said...

Jason,

I'm happy to say that I've been ea regular visitor here since the near-beginning. Your generosity in sharing this old music has not only brought back pleasant memories for me, but has given me new fodder for memories down the line. Even more importantly, you've offered me a way to give my children something to remember when they grow up. You might enjoy knowing that at three years old, they know how to spell H-A-double-L-O-W-double-E-N because you posted it here. You've earned your break, but before you go, know how much this site has meant to me.

10/30/2006 9:15 AM

 
Blogger Waymoby said...

Hey Jason,
I've been checking out your site for awhile and I must say, it screams (Lol). Man I've seen stuff on here I haven't seen since I was a kid such as the "Power Records Monster series", The William Castle Ghost stories album & several others. Plus alot of gems I hadn't seen before. It's really great to see this stuff being put out there for everyone to enjoy. I see alot of this stuff on e-bay, but the sky high prices for this stuff people are asking for..just to rich for my blood. Keep up the great work cos' it's much appreciated & thank's.

10/30/2006 10:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I've told you before, but I'm going o say it again. Far as I'm concerned, you rock. Thanks for posting all the stuff you've collected in this blog. I made many an audio CD for my fiancee who is a classic horror/Halloween nut like myself and it's just greatbeing able to hear all this wonderful Halloween audio, a little of which I had as a kid like the Pickwick ghost stories and Sounds of Terror albums and lots of stuff I wished I had as a kid like the various "Ghostly Sounds" releases. I'll be curious to see what you post once you return, but you do deserve a break.

10/30/2006 4:19 PM

 
Blogger Stephen said...

Jason (and anyone else that wants to chime in),

With all the stuff you've posted here, I'm faced with the problem of organizing all of the files in directories. I currently have the following:

Childrens/
Music/
Sound Effects/
Spoken/

But that doesn't seem to be enough. Can anyone share some hints for organizing all of these folders on one's hard drive in a way that might make it easier to find them next year?

10/30/2006 5:13 PM

 
Blogger Erick said...

Thank you, Jason, for all of the spooky tunes. I've been playing these all month at work, driving my co-workers batty. You deserve a break today.

Erick
Monsterama2000

10/30/2006 6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home