Make horrid scars and gashes.

10.25.2006

The Haunted House Company "Halloween Party Planner Flexi" (Haunted House Company, 81081, 1981)

In the tradition of the Spearhead Marketing "Halloween Party Instructions & Story" single that I posted some time ago, comes this form and function flexi designed to be used in combination with your own live-action Halloween party. I doubt I could describe it any better than supercool sexploitation expert Terry Thome (who was kind enough to send it to me) did in his email, so let me just quote him here:

"The set had everything needed to throw a Halloween party. Part one of the record is called "NEEWOLLAH, The Witch Story" where "Neewollah the Witch" tells her story of how she became a witch. Part two (on the same side) is the "HAUNTED HOUSE TOUR"; the idea here is the host sets up a room in advance with fabric hanging from the ceiling (cobwebs) and peeled grapes in a bowl (eyeballs) and such. Then, during the party, kids are blindfolded and led through the room while the record plays and they feel the grapes and are basically hit with objects to simulate a haunted house. I never went through with the party, but I played the record enough. Actually, I'm surprised the record plays as well as it does considering it hasn't been treated with the best of dignity through the years."

...and that about sums it up. In fact the only thing he really left out is that it's a sure bet "Neewollah"'s voice is going to drive you to tear all of your hair out by the end, and that's probably just perfect.

Link Removed

5 Comments:

Blogger johnny dollar said...

i've been combing trhu your blog ~ it's an embarrassment of riches as far as i am concerned. thanks for all of your efforts and generosity.

10/25/2006 8:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Terry. Thanks for postin' this. Being that I'm Balder than a cue, I guess Neewollah got to me at an early age. Cheers!

T.

10/25/2006 11:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am interested in this recording. I loved this record as a child and unfortunately the record did not survive my childhood. YOu wouldn't happen to have this recording converted to mp3 would you? If you do please e-mail me @ DrearyDA@aol.com

4/26/2007 6:52 PM

 
Blogger Repo said...

Many thanks for this. Will come in handy this month!

10/12/2011 5:59 AM

 
Blogger KWTR Manager said...

Greetings. I have the original flexi-disc of Neewollah and in great condition. This is hard to find, so if there is a collector interested in buying, please e-mail me. Thankz.

7/20/2014 6:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home