Make horrid scars and gashes.

2.05.2006

Power Records "The Amazing Spider-Man and Friends" (PR-8146, 1974)

Despite the higher catalog number this is really the first of the two long playing Power Records Spider-Man collections (and it's really a Spider-Man collection in name only; there are four separate Marvel titles compiled together here and Spider-Man is just the first).

If you were a kid in the 70's you might've found these four stories in a few ways; as separate 7" book & record sets, or on this LP in any number of forms (for example it was released both with and without the Incredible Hulk story, and on Power, Peter Pan and Zap Records). I always preferred the 12" versions to the little book & record collections myself, mostly because I hated the pauses in the action & that annoying "ding" sound, but as I remember some kids wanted the comic part more. Oh and hey, how about those guys playing Captain America & the Falcon, huh? Man. Even when I was 5 some of these lines made me laugh, but then again I thought that the Man-Wolf story was scary for a while too.

Okay, since I'm going to post the balance of my Spider-Man related audio stories today, I'll keep it short and just put the track listing here so as to get on with the show:

Spider-Man: The Mark Of The Man-Wolf
The Incredible Hulk: At Bay
Captain America And The Falcon: And A Phoenix Shall Arise
The Fantastic Four: The Way It Began


Link Removed

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you also. I plan on getting a turntable in the next couple of weeks and I'll be able to share some of my unique finds too.

7/11/2006 10:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this record. Do you know how much it would be worth?

12/03/2006 8:52 PM

 
Blogger Andy T said...

AAAGGGH! You are the greatest for posting these. Any chance this one might be available again soon? The FF story is the only one I'm missing from this LP, which I loved as a kid....

7/17/2007 6:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance of re-posting this LP? The link seems to be down due to inactivity. Incidentally, I have the 80's reissue of this LP, minus the "Incredible Hulk - At Bay!", and the album is in mono, and this original is in stereo!

Thanks!

9/16/2007 11:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home