Make horrid scars and gashes.

10.05.2006

Wende and Harry Devlin "Old Witch Rescues Halloween" (Reader's Digest Services, 090, 1974)

The last installment in the "Old Witch" trilogy from Wende and Harry Devlin, "Old Witch Rescues Halloween" followed 1963's "Old Black Witch" (sometimes remembered as "Blueberry Pancake Witch" and adapted for television in 1969 by Gerald Herman as "Winter of the Witch"), and 1970's "Old Witch and the Polka-Dot Ribbon". While it's a lightweight children's story really (and at about 9:10 or so you'll find a skip that I missed when I was doing my audio reconstruction of side two (there were a LOT of skips), perhaps if you pretend that it's an incantation of sorts you'll be able to get past it more easily), I've run into a number of people over the years with fond memories of the series. To give you some visuals, here are a couple of representative images...




...and here's the story in all its glory:


Link Removed

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! You've answered about 3 lingering questions from my childhood all in one post here (the name of that book, the name of that movie, who wrote the story this record was made from).

Thanks!

10/05/2006 10:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, this brings back memories.

This reminds me of another record and book set I wore out as a kid-----'Georgie and The Robbers.' You wouldn't happen to have that one, would you??

10/06/2006 10:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. I'm one of those people who has fond memories of the Blueberry Witch. ;-) (I even have her on one of my LiveJournal icons.) My sister forwarded me the link to this post. Thanks!

10/12/2006 4:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!! (Make that month!) I have the best memory of sitting with this book in my hand, record player at my side, getting so excited for Halloween. I was transported back to being little in the 70's!! Thank you:) I am going to play this for my daughters.

10/17/2006 5:51 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am a antique book collector, most of my books are childrens books.

I just happen to have books by Wende and Harry Devlin with Old Witch in them, they are some of my childrens favorite books. Ty so much for yet again making my day<3

10/10/2007 7:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have the record on MP tres if anyone wants c e l e r o o @ g m a i l

looking for a pdf that i can print and laminate for my son and his sons :)

4/22/2010 6:29 PM

 
Blogger Marcel said...

and here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgnLskkDzew

9/06/2016 10:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home