Make horrid scars and gashes.


Erica Frost "I Can Read About Ghosts" (Troll Records, ICR1, 1977)

Somewhat in the tradition of "Georgie", here's a 1977 audio reading from the "I Can Read About" series from Troll ("I Can Read About Ballet", I Can Read About Good Manners", etc). I confess that the post is a bit of a cheat since I didn't scan each & every page along with the sound, but I think you'll be able to follow the story easily enough all the same -- in fact the Alibris description of this title sums it up succinctly; "Andrew is just a little ghost who is afraid of the dark, but he must be brave if he doesn't want to be a ghostling forever". As with all glimpses into ghostly life there are oddball touches here & there (ghosts always seem to have very specific job demands when it comes to haunting and scaring humans, don't they?); personally I just hope I'll be able to present myself successfully to the "Ghost Counsel" when the time comes.

Link Removed


Blogger Dave said...

Awesome!! I've been looking high, and low for this one for months now. All I have ever found was the book it is based on. Thanks!

10/05/2006 10:58 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! This one sure brought me back. I had this record and listened to it all the time when I was a kid. My parents ordered it from my first Troll Book Order sheet in Kindergarten... Do they still hand out those little newsprint book catalogs at school?


10/05/2006 12:31 PM

Blogger Dave said...

I just got the book to this one, and a book called "I Can Read About Witches" off ebay for about $2.00 plus shipping.

10/05/2006 5:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home