Make horrid scars and gashes.

10.05.2006

Erica Frost "I Can Read About Ghosts" (Troll Records, ICR1, 1977)

Somewhat in the tradition of "Georgie", here's a 1977 audio reading from the "I Can Read About" series from Troll ("I Can Read About Ballet", I Can Read About Good Manners", etc). I confess that the post is a bit of a cheat since I didn't scan each & every page along with the sound, but I think you'll be able to follow the story easily enough all the same -- in fact the Alibris description of this title sums it up succinctly; "Andrew is just a little ghost who is afraid of the dark, but he must be brave if he doesn't want to be a ghostling forever". As with all glimpses into ghostly life there are oddball touches here & there (ghosts always seem to have very specific job demands when it comes to haunting and scaring humans, don't they?); personally I just hope I'll be able to present myself successfully to the "Ghost Counsel" when the time comes.


Link Removed

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Awesome!! I've been looking high, and low for this one for months now. All I have ever found was the book it is based on. Thanks!
Dave

10/05/2006 10:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! This one sure brought me back. I had this record and listened to it all the time when I was a kid. My parents ordered it from my first Troll Book Order sheet in Kindergarten... Do they still hand out those little newsprint book catalogs at school?

Phil
(www.odysseyzine.com)

10/05/2006 12:31 PM

 
Blogger Dave said...

I just got the book to this one, and a book called "I Can Read About Witches" off ebay for about $2.00 plus shipping.
Dave

10/05/2006 5:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home