Make horrid scars and gashes.

2.08.2006

Kellog's "Snap Crackle Pop Tunes" (Kellog's, SCP-83, 1983)

Wake up to this 7" promo collection of various Snap Crackle Pop related songs released by Kellog's in 1983. The lack of really kid-friendly graphics or song titles (side two is just broken down into genres) makes me assume that this was mostly intended for industry or radio use, but maybe it was a premium? I came across my copy used so I can't say for sure. UPDATE: A friend of mine assures me that it WAS a mail-in premium and that he distinctly recalls saving Rice Krispies boxtops to get his copy.

Of course it was the promise of a cereal song being done in the style of "New Wave" as-seen-through-the-eyes-of-corporate-marketers that forced me to buy it, and I really wasn't too disappointed. The end result is something like Meat Loaf meets the Motels (or "Billy Joel gets into a car crash with Quarterflash and Richard O'Brien writes them the ticket" if you prefer), and it comes complete with the classic st-st-stutter that skinny tie enthusiasts around the globe simply couldn't get enough of.

Snap! Crackle! Pop! Rice Krispies
Wakin' Up
Snap! Crackle! Pop! Medley
Rock & Roll
Western
New Wave



Links Removed

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your description(s) make this a must-listen!

2/08/2006 10:30 AM

 
Blogger Jason said...

Man, I sure hope I didn't oversell the thing.

2/08/2006 11:37 AM

 
Blogger The Impaler said...

I actually found this 7-inch in a thrift store, and have it encoded... I think I need a life :) Thanks for putting this up!

6/18/2006 10:22 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5/09/2010 6:29 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I just picked one of these up at a local sidewalk sale. It was in its original shipping box.

I posted s a scan at


http://rycomms.com/media/snapcracklepopbox.jpg
.

5/09/2010 6:31 PM

 
Blogger Gonzo said...

Wow - my sister and I had this growing up. Thanks for the nostalgia trip!

10/13/2010 9:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just picked up a copy today for 50 cents at a local thrift store and was surprised to find it on the web.

11/23/2010 3:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home