Make horrid scars and gashes.

3.06.2006

Power Records "Ghostly Sounds" (Power Records, 8145, 1974)

Here we have the second and more common issue of the Power Records "Ghostly Sounds" LP. Though the titles and back cover descriptions remain the same as the first pressing, the sequence of the tracks has been jumbled around from the original and the cuts themselves have been re-edited to varying degrees. In all cases the narration has been completely stripped out, and while some tracks have found their structure completely altered, there was probably some extra confusion thanks to the label for Side One showing the tracks in a different sequence from how they actually appear (I've fixed the errors in the MP3 tags). Oh, and the back cover, label art and catalog number are also different. Personally I liked the I'm-trying-to-be-spooky narrator guy from the first pressing, and I miss a lot of the cheesy drive-in movie sound elements too (like the "Blood Feast" drums that were dropped from "Walking Monster With Chains" and "The Vampire's Castle"), but I can see preferring either version really.

Okay! Now that you know the score, you can handily complete your collection of records named "Ghostly Sounds" by simply clicking on the (ahem) inaccurate label art here...


Link Removed

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rule my friend. Thanks

Dr.Terror

3/07/2006 12:20 AM

 
Blogger Bear From Delaware said...

I have a question for you.
Is this the same "Power Records" that issued those 5 Frankie Stein & His Ghouls albums or an entirely different outfit. - M.A.

3/07/2006 4:26 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

I've always assumed them to be two different companies, since this Power Records is really an arm of "Peter Pan", but I don't actually know. Perhaps there's a connection there & they just resurrected the name?

3/07/2006 4:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this where Topstone got that eerie pipe organ music for their "Horror Sounds of the Night" tape?

11/15/2006 12:09 PM

 
Blogger The Data Jockey said...

I have a nerdgasm with every download from your pages

10/08/2007 10:07 PM

 
Blogger FulciLives said...

I used to have this LP as a kid but alas I no longer have it. Please please please re-upload this :)

5/17/2010 11:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home